Friday, November 26, 2010

Last Full Day in Tel Aviv


Our hotel, the Intercontinental.  

If we thought we liked Tel Aviv before, after today we know we love it.  We spent the day touring with our local guide, Avi, and he was really very good.  We saw places we would never have seen on our own.  The pride for Israel he showed was to be admired. 

Before we left the hotel, we had a Hebrew lesson.  As predicted, Jim was the only one that was singled out for his pronunciation.  I guess he just did not hear me. 

We toured Rothschild Street and Jaffa.  Lunch was really spectacular at a restaurant in Jaffa called Cordelia.  The chef/owner was so very personable and made everyone feel welcomed.  Jim had Osso Bucco and I had the ravioli.  I usually eat fast but slowed down to make sure I enjoyed every bite. 


Looking towards the Jaffa port.

Jaffa side stree.

Cordelia's for lunch.

Tomorrow we are on the road to Haifa.   

3 comments:

  1. WOW everything looks fantastic...im glad you are "slowing down" and taking it all in. your photos look like postcards....have fun BOBG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda your pictures are just wonderful..... You should think about taking pictures for cruise or travel companies as a part time job after you retire....
    Load more more more pictures... I want MORE
    Keep Jim out of trouble!!!
    FD ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe ,Keller I know you are reading
    These comments,,,,, hope you are doing well,,,,,I don,t know about you but i
    miss Jim ....... Told him that with his attitude he would fit right In in israel ...LOL

    ReplyDelete