Thursday, December 9, 2010

Home

The Group

My brother and I ended the trip as we started, sitting in an airport laughing.  Luckily for us, this time it was in Paris and the source of our humor was better dressed.  We had smooth flights from Jordan to Paris to Atlanta to Tampa for me and to Ft. Lauderdale for Jim.  At Atlanta we had to go through customs and recheck our bags.  Our Paris flight arrived late so we were not sure if we could make our connections.  Jim missed his but was only delayed by an hour.  I made mine by the skin of my teeth.  What is most amazing, all of our baggage made it.

It was a wonderful trip and we both have a lot of work to do on our photos.  Israel is a beautiful country.  I now understand why so many people move there.  If I were Jewish, I might move.  The people are so nice and so very funny.  They have this wonderful self-deprecating sense of humor but always show pride in their country. 

Petra was such a highlight and Amman Jordan is such a modern, clean city.  There is construction, activity and a positive atmosphere.  The people are friendly and always display pride in their country. 

We were also very lucky that we had great people that were on the tour.  For complete strangers to come together for two weeks and accept each other as we all are was such a gift.  I have to give a special thank you to my brother.  He was so much fun and I can't describe how much I appreciate the fact he went with me.  As I always say, if I could have had my choice of brothers, I would still have the same brother.

It is truly wonderful to be home.  The dogs cry, Joe cries (OK, so the part about Joe crying is just not true) and I cry.  All are tears of happiness.  When I woke in the middle of the night, I thought this is the most comfortable bed and then I realized I was home.  Another clue was having a dog cuddled up next to me.  I always learn so very much through my travels and one of the things I learn and relearn is that there is no place like home.  This will end this blog.  I hope it has been interesting for anyone that read it.  One of the questions I always get is, “Where are you going next?”  Namibia sounds nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment